Third Thursday is a year round event sponsored by Summerville DREAM. The goal of Third Thursday is to encourage people to visit historic downtown Summerville, discover the unique shops, restaurants, and all that Summerville has to offer. For 2015 we will have spaces available in Hutchinson Square and on Short Central. The guidelines for participation are as follows:
Your organization/business must be a current DREAM Community Partner. For information on how to become a community partner please visit www.summervilledream.org
- You must have a valid Town of Summerville Business License.
- Cost to participate is $30.00 per Third Thursday. This must be paid in advance. No payments will be accepted on Third Thursday. Refunds will be issued for cancellations only when the DREAM office is notified 7 days prior to Third Thursday.
- You may reserve and pay for up to 4 Third Thursday’s in advance. For other months you would like to participate you will be placed on a waiting list and notified the beginning of the month as space becomes available. Payment is due upon notification.
- For single month requests, please notify us by the last business day of the previous month. Payment will be due upon acceptance notification.
- All allotted spaces are 10’ x 10’. In Hutchinson Square the spaces are actually in the square on the grass. Due to the nature of the square, the ground is uneven and there are tree roots to contend with. DREAM provides the space only. Anything else you need during the event is your responsibility to bring.
- You will be e-mailed a map with your groups’ specific set-up locations by the Wednesday before Third Thursday. No modifications will be made to the mapped locations.
- Set-up begins at 3:30pm and must be completed by 5:00pm. Parking is allowed on Little Main and at either end of Short Central for unloading only. All vehicles must be moved by 5:00pm. Please unload your items quickly and promptly move your vehicle so that others may do the same. We ask all vendors to park on Doty Avenue or in the free parking garage.
- Little Main will be closed to traffic beginning at 4:30pm. Please arrive prior to 4:30 for set-up. Little Main will reopen to traffic at 8:15. No cars will be allowed on the street during this time.
- Third Thursday is a rain or shine event. Cancellation only occurs in the case of severe/dangerous weather.
- Break down begins at 8:00pm. We ask that you do not leave prior to 8:00pm.
- Please make sure all trash from your assigned area is collected and disposed of prior to leaving the event.