Summerville DREAM is always looking for volunteers! We need help in all areas of expertise—office help; help with distribution of flyers, posters, and information to the local businesses; and help with the planning and management of our many community events. In particular, we host many holiday activities like the Red, White & Blue on the Green, the Arts and Crafts Market, and the Annual Christmas Parade, which require lots of great volunteers to help plan, set up, and manage the events. And, last but not least, the dreaded clean-up—which is not so bad when you have plenty of volunteers.
If you would like more information about having some fun, meeting new people, and making a difference in your community, please contact Summerville DREAM at (843) 821-7260 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a youth and want to help out, take a look at youth volunteer opportunities. If you are ready to jump in, fill out the volunteer application.
Volunteer Opportunities with Summerville DREAM
Third Thursday Volunteer
- Put out "no parking" signs on Little Main between 8pm Wednesday evening and 7am Thursday (Third Thursday) morning. Signs are picked up at the DREAM office on Wednesday afternoon. There are approximately 8-10 signs that need to be put in place.
- Take down the "no parking" signs after Third Thursday. This could be done early on Friday morning, after Third Thursday. Signs must be returned to the DREAM office.
- Assist with set-up of Third Thursday from 4pm to 5pm on Third Thursday. This includes rolling the DREAM carts from the DREAM office to Hutchinson Square, setting up the DREAM table, putting out space markers in Hutchinson Square, helping members locate designated spaces, assisting members during set-up, and answering questions.
- Work the cart or DREAM table during Third Thursday from 5-8:30pm. This would include passing out information, answering questions, and selling small items. You pack up the carts and table after Third Thursday and return them to the DREAM office.
Specific Volunteer Opportunities
- Do you like to plan events? DREAM is looking for assistance with planning, organizing, and coordinating events, such as Third Thursdays, holiday events, and fundraisers. Weekly meetings with DREAM would be necessary.
- Are you a writer? DREAM is in need of a writer for marketing articles and a blog. The blog is a new venture. We would like to also include articles on members, town events, and other interest items that could be used in other places, such as the website and newsletters.
- General Office: We are looking for one or more persons who would like to act as the office receptionist. This would need to be at least 4 hours weekly.
- Are you a shutter bug? Pictures of our events are always needed. If you like to walk around while taking pictures, then this would be the perfect fit for you. We would need rights to use the photos and would give you attribution.
- Special Projects. There are often projects that arise that we need someone to work on. These are often short term projects that don’t require a long commitment, but are very important to the organization.
For additional information please contact Harriet Dangerfield: email@example.com